2020 Changed The Course Of My Life
“Adieu 2020” You’ll Be Missed
2020 was one of a kind year to each soul on the planet! A Year That I’ll Never Forget!
Some resisted the change and some stayed into stagnation where others accepted it, took actions, and thrived.
Coming from the MEA and specifically from Lebanon, 2020 was a hell of a year to us: Revolution, Inflation, Economical Crisis, Banking System Collapsed, Political Tension, Covid-19, Unemployment…
On a personal level, it brought to my life radical changes, put me into a freeze mode, into denial fears & insecurities…
Though, it fueled my determination to start all over again and thrive no matter what…
A Step Back
My 4 years secret project…
September 22, 2019 “Le Jour J” finally came!
On this date, I released my ever awaited second single and musical video “Gayya Gayya“
This project took 4 years of perseverance and determination to bring to life. Worked on the details from music production, to the video clip, to the campaign, to marketing…
Straight after the release, the revolution started in Lebanon and that brought the whole country into a phase of uncertainty. The revolution was crucial for making a real change in the country yet on the personal level it brought me into a freeze mode, into shock, into sadness and denial for almost a month, because everything I was working for collapsed in seconds…
One night, my anxiety attack! I started blaming myself and felt as if I am standing in the middle of nowhere…
Until one question crossed my mind: “What if I accept what happened as part of my life?” That brought me inner peace and relief!
Then I asked myself: “So what’s the best I can do out of what I have today?”
It All Started With One Decision
“I don’t want to be limited geographically anymore”
After a month of freeze mode and after getting back my lucidity, I decided to put my focus on what’s within my control and with that moving my offline business in development, coaching & mentoring to online.
At that time, Lebanese people were trapped in fears and worries: “What’s coming next? What about our money and savings? What about our dreams, career, jobs..?” So when everyone was acting out of insecurity, I acted out of courage and faith. I made my own self revolution & took bold actions
- Did my biggest investment
- Broke up with toxic relationships and small-minded people
- Changed what wasn’t serving me and my growth anymore
- Took my 1st leap into the online world
Change Needs Courage
And courage means believing that you can start all over again
January 2020 was the month of self-investment and evolution. That’s when I decided to invest in my skills and step into the online world. A world that I know nothing about…
That month I enrolled in “SOMBA”, a program that brought a lot of self-growth, knowledge, challenges, changes, transformations, achievements, creation, and self-discovery.
I faced all my fears and got out of my comfort zone, the fear of investing what left of my savings in this program and getting into the uncomfortable state of learning something totally new and start re-establishing my business from zero!
It’s so scary, so uncomfortable and that was only the beginning
My Worst Nightmare…
Started 2017, a nightmare that affected my voice and confidence as a singer
That year I produced my first music video “La Albak”, this huge step was a totally new experience for me, in which I had zero knowledge from where to start, to how excel in that project…
I was on my own, managing everything related to the musical project, from creation to production, marketing, interviews, PR… I’ve become super anxious and all of this shook my self-confidence, created self-doubt about my worthiness, my capabilities…
“Who am I to do this huge step? Can’t you see that others are better than you?”
Yes, my lizard brain attacked my sanity, I was so afraid, lost, and disappointed and that’s when that MTD monster (muscle tension dysphonia) came to rule and control my world.
I suffered from MTD for almost 3 years, neither Dr. nor specialist could help me as no one understood my case but I didn’t give up and kept on researching until I found the right help: The release your voice community by Elissa Weinzimmer
I joined this course with a scholarship and started learning more and more about how my voice & body are connected and how trauma froze my vocal muscles and created this tension…
Becoming Proactive & Fast Action Taker
COVID-19 came and I was so blessed…
I was blessed that I could make my turn around and be proactive in my business and life way before “The Historical Global Shut Down”.
Since Jan 2020 I didn’t stop a second, taking different courses symbiotically. It was the phase of learning, expanding, executing, investing, building, launching, and creating: materials, SM content, my 1st online course… So it was the A to Z journey of founding a new business.
I can’t tell you how hard that was, yet, being totally determined to “Make It Happen” was my drive. All the circumstances in Lebanon were leading me to take this step. I had zero opportunities for singing which is my main career and from the other side building my online business was something I wanted since 2018 … And voilà, in 9 months, I created 2 online courses & found the “Make It Happen” method!
“I’ve never imagined myself I would ever be a digital-friendly or I would expose myself out there, it used to feel so complicated, so uncomfortable for me”
My 1st Guide
That’s how I created my 1st free material
I also created my 1st #Freeguide: The 10 Pillars Model To Create A Fulfilling Successful Life
Where I help my clients and community build a map to create a fulfilling success. A success that fulfills the inner truth and creates aliveness, rewardingness, self-realization, growth, happiness…
Simply, becoming aligned & self-fulfilled.
My Bucket Of Expertise & Services Is Limitlessly Growing
How I added a new certification
26th of July, I received an invitation from a dear friend of mine to join an online course and become a certified “Theta Healing Practitioner”
As someone who’ve experienced different types of healing techniques, “Theta Healing” was among the best healing techniques that helped me get over my limiting beliefs and reprogram my mind.
After long training hours, I was super happy to add 1 more technique to my bucket of expertise and become a “Theta Healing Practitioner”
Shock. Pain. Trauma & A New Gift
The Beirut blast!
This explosion shook my world, that time I was delivering my second online course “Thrive Again”
Due to this blast, the whole country entered into shock, pain, trauma, and denial.
As a committed person, I didn’t give up on my
course so I decided to continue giving the participants what I promised to give, no matter how big the turmoil of emotions, sadness and withdrawn I was living.
During this time I discovered my new talent and gift: “Writing”
I wrote the text for the “Kill Lhob Elak” Video that I shot to express my point of view of what my country was passing through…
New Habits + New Skills + Getting Over Old Fears!
How I changed old habits…
I always wanted to stop instant coffee and find a healthier substitute. A friend of mine gave me the right advice about moving to Italian kettle coffee, a great mate for my homemade almond milk.
With the revolution and all that came after, some products were missed from the market, so I decided to look for options and what I can create myself.
So I became the expert in creating homemade almond milk
My hair curls are finally back!
The good thing about the lockdown is staying at home and going back to the simple lifestyle.
This year I decided to stop all hair products, as my hair was super dry and lost its shine.
I started using coconut oil for my hair and the results were magical, my hair curls are back and since then I am not using any products on my hair
My fears about approaching a dog or an animal!
Ah YES! That’s a big one for me.
This year I got over a big fear for me, approaching animals…
I also started feeling differently towards an animal, I started connecting to them. I still need to work on this side but the result is amazing!
My first ever experience with blood donation.
A secret: Needles scare me!
With the worldwide lockdown and the pressure of life in Lebanon in this historical 2020, I decided to do a small escape and travel into my own country. That was my birthday gift for my dearest sister and assistant “Rachelle”
Investing in my tools
Online business, vlogging, live videos… need tools and equipment.
So to deliver the best in the most affordable way I invested in the needed tools…
The Ending Of A Cycle
On the verge of a breakthrough…
Between November and December, I entered a strong emotional roller coaster… I started questioning myself: Why am I doing what I am doing? What about my musical career? What if I made the wrong decision? Why has my life turned into nonstop long working hours?
The reality and truth of my limiting beliefs emerged: Am I proving that I am worthy by working hard? Am I keeping myself busy just to feel productive, alive, and valuable? Am I sabotaging my own success?
Yes, all these conditioning thoughts controlled my life ever. I’ve never been aware of it until the last 2 months of the 2020 year. All my life I worked hard and harder not seeing the desired results coming to fruition. Digging deeper into this, all that I wanted is to feel rewarded, appreciated, and valuable.
Becoming aware of it, was like throwing a ball into my face… After processing my emotions I accepted it and decided to end a cycle that made me suffer silently all my life & also made me pay a high price.
How did It start? Well, it all goes back to when I was a child and to when pursuing my dream of becoming a mega singer… Made me face a lot of rejections, judgment, labeling that singers are vain, sex objects…
To empower other artists and enthusiastic souls, I created my free eBook on “How To Turn Challenges And Setbacks Into Courage, And Power? The 11 Rules- 11 Takeaways”
This eBook is inspired by my own journey and real-life events. I shared about how I kept going and how I fed my perseverance and determination were all that I was getting was disappointments and setbacks…
2020 my year of Creation, Expansion, Transformation, Learning, and “First Times”
I am proud of:
- Being courageous and Bold to invest in me
- Building an online business in a field that I had zero knowledge about
- Joining Somba and attending a countless number of workshops, boot-camps, and masterclasses
- Challenging myself for being twice a Somba Kickstarter
- Attending virtually Sigrun Live (was supposed to be in Switzerland) and Self made summit (was supposed to be in Iceland)
- Created 2 online courses:
- Make It Happen: 4 weeks online course with 38 members
- Thrive Again: 4 weeks online course with 21 members
- Created Make It Happen method a 9 weeks 1/1 process
- Created 2 eBooks:
- The 10 pillars model to create a fulfilling successful life
- How To Turn Challenges And Setbacks Into Courage, And Power? The 11 Rules – 11 Takeaways
- Wrote and sent 44 Newsletter
- Wrote 50+ emails (follow ups & others)
- Built my mailing list from 9 to 287 with an open rate/engagement of 33% on average
- Created 2 workshops:
- Created 2 Masterclasses:
- My Best Consistent Self (From Make It Happen)
- Let’s get together (From Thrive Again)
- Opened my first Facebook group “Thrive Your Life” where my community is continuously growing 103+ members
- Set up my 1st website www.miramoufarrej.com
- Created a waitlist for my courses and workshops and dozens of forms
- Expanded my knowledge and learning in the digital world and content creation (editing, shooting…)
- Overcame my fears and mindset
- Got featured for the 1st time On “The Femme Tastique” podcast by Claudia Münster
- Reached organically 1.9M views on the “Ya Mustafa” cover on my YouTube channel & made a profit
- Went live on my YouTube, Facebook page, personal profile & Instagram
- Run different live sessions & been invited to interviews on my Instagram account
- Did 15+ discovery call
- Exposed my facet as a coach and a role model
- Learned how to create offers, promote, market, and launch!
- Re-launched Gayya Gayya and it’s having great audience retention
- Affiliated with SOMBA
- Got a mentor
- Got free healing sessions
- Got a scholarship
- Getting noticed and appreciated by people around me
- Last but not least: This is my 1st official blog!
What Came Out Of This Journey – A Sum Up
- I gave up on toxic relationship & on what’s not serving me anymore
- I started a new business
- I made an investment in my skills and potential
- I learned how to delegate work
- I started exposing my other facet with more confidence
- I discovered how growth junkie, how resilient and proactive I am
- I discovered how creative I can be & how much flow of thoughts I have (expressing, talking, sharing and writing)
- I ended a huge cycle
- Learned to be compassionate and at ease with myself
- Be in a mastermind community
- Last but not least: This is my 1st official blog!
What I Learned This 2020
- Take command of your life!
- In moments of doubts, in moments where you feel off track… Go back to your why your vision and purpose that’s how you fuel your motivation
- Your own thoughts create your own reality.
- Faith, patience, and determination are your best allies.
- Don’t let your own expectations create resistance
- Never give up on your goals, find your turn around, keep on refining!
- Don’t ignore your emotions of anger, sadness… Live the process till the end and once you’re ready, accept it! Acceptance heals and creates openness.
- The secret of growth is Investment
- Never stop working, moving forward, developing yourself! it’s the only way to get out of stagnation and get into expansion, success, and thrivingness!
- Don’t overthink your actions! You’ll never find answers if you don’t act! Act now
- If you don’t do the work nothing will work, so don’t wait for things to happen to you, go find your way out of that box you’re living in!
- The decision is yours, you either let your thoughts, circumstances, results… limit and control you, or you take that leap of faith and jump out of the train into the land of possibilities
My 2021 Forecast
The 1 thing 1
- Launch my 10 weeks online course “Make It Happen”
- Launch my group coaching experience
- Run monthly masterclasses and workshops
- Write monthly blog
- Increase my sales and hit a 6 figure
- More visibility and online presence
- Start “Mira’s Tv” – YouTube broadcasting (Live + Weekly 1 main video)
- Write my 1st song
- Voice Training
- 1st Gigs With My Band
- Being more conscious and present (Health. Work. Relationship)
- Build new habits that support my growth: Sleeping/waking up mode, eating healthier food…
- Do more inner/strength/mobility exercises and training → target calisthenics
- Challenge my stamina and start a running journey
- Read 1 book every month
- Start my e-store + Launch my 1st product online: Journaling Notebooks
- Consider moving abroad
- Connect/Reach out & Collaborate with others
- Move more
- Love & partnership
- Travel to Iceland & attend “Selfmade Summit”
- Travel to Switzerland & attend “Sigrun Live”
- Celebrate often
My Motto for 2021
My Mission & My Why
I always had the virtue of helping and supporting others.
Today, my aim is to achieve becoming known as a significant role model artist, who sings, inspires, helps, and empowers others to believe in themselves, build their confidence and show up for their dreams, as no matter how difficult life is, they can Make It Happen!
How Can I Help You?
I combined all my expertise and experiences from singing, being in the spotlight, acting, mentoring, coaching and created the “Make It Happen” method where
“I help passionate entrepreneurs turn their fears into bold actions, build up a confident voice & become assertive so they can create visibility and thrive in their dream career and life”
My Wishes To You + 1 Tip
“Human potential is limitless and to create the life you desire & aspire it’s all about taking the command of your life, finding your drive, your meaning, your why and keep on refining…”
How To Step Out Of Overthinking, Doubts & Fears?
My secret sauce is:
“Get into action & creation, be productive & proactive… Keep on moving forward that’s how you step into growth and expansion”
Have a year of blessings & becoming!