2020 Changed The Course Of My Life
“Adieu 2020” You’ll Be Missed
2020 was one of a kind year to each soul on the planet! A Year That I’ll Never Forget!
Some resisted the change, some stayed into stagnation where others accepted it, took actions, and thrived.
Coming from the MEA and specifically from Lebanon, 2020 was a hell of a year to us: Revolution, Inflation, Economic Crisis, Banking System Collapse, Political Tension, Covid-19, Unemployment…
On a personal level, it brought to my life radical changes, put me into a freeze mode, into denial, fears & insecurities… Yet, it fueled my determination to start all over again and thrive no matter what.
A Step Back
My 4 years secret project…
September 22, 2019 “Le Jour J” finally came!
On this date, I released my ever awaited second single and musical video “Gayya Gayya“
This project took 4 years of perseverance and determination to bring to life. Worked on every detail from the music production to the video clip, to the campaign, and to the marketing…
Straight after the release, the revolution started in Lebanon and that brought the whole country into a phase of uncertainty. The revolution was crucial for making a real change in the country yet on the personal level it brought me into freeze mode, into shock, into sadness, and denial for almost a month, because everything I was working for collapsed in seconds…
One night, my anxiety attacks! I started blaming myself and felt as if I were standing in the middle of nowhere…
Until one question crossed my mind: “What if I accept what happened as part of my life?” At that moment, this only thought brought me inner peace and relief!
Then I asked myself: “How can I get the best out of what I have today?”
It All Started With One Decision
“I don’t want to be limited geographically anymore”
After a month of freeze mode and after getting back my lucidity, I decided to put my focus on what’s within my control and with that moving my business in personal development, coaching & mentoring to online mode.
At that time, Lebanese people were trapped in fears and worries: “What’s coming next? What about our money and savings? What about our dreams, careers, jobs..?” So when everyone was acting out of insecurity, I acted out of courage and faith. I made my own self revolution & took bold actions:
- Did my biggest investment
- Cut off toxic relationships and small-minded people
- Changed what wasn’t serving me and my growth anymore
- Took my first leap into the online world
Change Needs Courage
And courage means believing that you can start all over again
January 2020 was the month of self-investment and evolution. That’s when I decided to invest in my skills and step into the online world. A world that I know nothing about…
That month I enrolled in “SOMBA”, a program that brought a lot of self-growth, knowledge, challenges, changes, transformations, achievements, creation, and self-discovery.
I faced all my fears and got out of my comfort zone, the fear of investing what was left of my savings in this program and getting into the uncomfortable state of learning something totally new and re-establishing my business from zero!
It was so scary, so uncomfortable and that was only the beginning.
My Worst Nightmare…
Started in 2017, a nightmare that affected my voice and confidence as a singer
That year I produced my first music video “La Albak”, this huge step was a totally new experience for me, in which I had zero knowledge of where to start from and how to excel in that project…
I was on my own, managing everything related to the musical project, from creation to production, marketing, interviews, PR… I’ve become super anxious and all of this shook my self-confidence, created self-doubt about my worth, my capabilities…
“Who am I to do this huge step? Can’t you see that others are better than you?”
Yes, my lizard brain attacked my sanity, I was so afraid, lost, and disappointed and that’s when that MTD monster (muscle tension dysphonia) came to rule and control my world.
I suffered from MTD for almost 3 years, neither Drs. nor specialists could help me as no one understood my case but I didn’t give up and kept on researching until I found the right help: The release your voice community by Elissa Weinzimmer.
I joined this course with a scholarship and started learning more and more about how my voice & body are connected and how trauma froze my vocal muscles and created this tension…
Becoming Proactive & Fast Action Taker
COVID-19 came and I was so blessed…
I was blessed that I could make my turnaround and be proactive in my business and life way before “The Historical Global Shut Down”.
Since Jan 2020 I didn’t stop a second, taking different courses symbiotically. It was the phase of learning, expanding, executing, investing, building, launching, and creating: materials, SM content, my first online course… So it was the A to Z journey of founding a new business.
I can’t tell you how hard that was, yet, being totally determined to “Make It Happen” was my drive. All the circumstances in Lebanon were leading me to take this step. I had zero singing opportunities which is my main career and on the other hand, building my online business was something I wanted since 2018 … So voilà, in 9 months, I created 2 online courses & found the “Make It Happen” method!
“I’ve never imagined myself being digital-friendly or I would expose myself out there, it used to feel so complicated, so uncomfortable for me”
My first Guide
That’s how I created my first free material
I also created my first #Freeguide: The 10 Pillars Model To Create A Fulfilling Successful Life
Where I help my clients and community build a map to create a fulfilling success. A success that fulfills the inner truth and creates aliveness, rewardingness, self-realization, growth, happiness…
Simply, becoming aligned & self-fulfilled.
My Bucket Of Expertise & Services Is Limitlessly Growing
How I added a new certification
On the 26th of July, I received an invitation from a dear friend of mine to join an online course and become a certified “Theta Healing Practitioner”
As someone who has experienced different types of healing techniques, “Theta Healing” was among the best healing techniques that helped me get over my limiting beliefs and reprogram my mind.
After long training hours, I was super happy to add 1 more technique to my bucket of expertise and become a “Theta Healing Practitioner”
Shock. Pain. Trauma & A New Gift
The Beirut blast!
This explosion shook my world, at that time I was delivering my second online course “Thrive Again”
Due to this blast, the whole country entered into a state of shock, pain, trauma, and denial.
As a committed person, I didn’t give up on my course so I decided to continue giving the participants what I promised to give, no matter how big the turmoil of emotions, sadness, and withdrawal I was living.
During this time I discovered my new talent and gift: “Writing”
I wrote the text for the “Kill Lhob Elak” Video that I shot to express my point of view of what my country was going through…
New Habits + New Skills + Getting Over Old Fears!
How I changed old habits…
I always wanted to stop instant coffee and find a healthier substitute. A friend of mine gave me the right advice about moving to Italian kettle coffee, a great mate for my homemade almond milk.
With the revolution and all that came after, some products were missing from the market, so I decided to look for options and what I can create myself.
So I became an expert in creating homemade almond milk
My hair curls are finally back!
The good thing about the lockdown is staying at home and going back to the simple lifestyle.
This year I decided to stop all hair products, as my hair was super dry and lost its shine.
I started using coconut oil for my hair and the results were magical, my hair curls are back and since then I haven’t been using any products on my hair.
My fears about approaching a dog or an animal!
Ah YES! That’s a big one for me.
This year I got over a huge fear of mine, approaching animals…
I also started feeling differently towards animals, I started connecting to them. I still need to work on this side but the result is amazing!
First-ever experience with blood donation.
A secret: Needles scare me!
With the worldwide lockdown and the pressure of life in Lebanon in this historical year 2020, I decided to do a small escape and travel into my own country. That was my birthday gift for my dearest sister and assistant “Rachelle”
Investing in my tools
Online business, vlogging, live videos… need tools and equipment.
So to deliver the best in the most affordable way I invested in the needed tools…
The Ending Of A Cycle
On the verge of a breakthrough…
Between November and December, I entered a strong emotional roller coaster… I started questioning myself: Why am I doing what I am doing? What about my musical career? What if I made the wrong decision? Why has my life turned into nonstop long working hours?
The reality and truth of my limiting beliefs emerged: Am I proving that I am worthy by working hard? Am I keeping myself busy just to feel productive, alive, and valuable? Am I sabotaging my own success?
Yes, all these conditioning thoughts controlled my life. I had never been aware of it until the last 2 months of the 2020 year. All my life I worked harder and harder not seeing the desired results coming to fruition. Digging deeper into this, all that I wanted is to feel rewarded, appreciated, and valuable.
Becoming aware of it, was like throwing a ball into my face… After processing my emotions I accepted it and decided to end a cycle that made me suffer silently all my life & also made me pay a high price.
How did it start? Well, it all goes back to when I was a child and to when pursuing my dream of becoming a mega singer, made me face a lot of rejections, judgment, labeling that singers are vain, sex objects…
To empower other artists and enthusiastic souls, I created my free eBook on “How To Turn Challenges And Setbacks Into Courage, And Power? The 11 Rules- 11 Takeaways”
This eBook is inspired by my own journey and real-life events. I shared about how I kept going and how I fed my perseverance and determination were all that I was getting was disappointments and setbacks…
2020 my year of Creation, Expansion, Transformation, Learning, and “First Times”
I am proud of:
- Being courageous and bold to invest in me
- Building an online business in a field that I had zero knowledge about
- Joining Somba and attending a countless number of workshops, boot camps, and masterclasses
- Challenging myself for being twice a Somba Kickstarter
- Attending virtually “Sigrun Live” (was supposed to be in Switzerland) and “Selfmade Summit” (was supposed to be in Iceland)
- Created 2 online courses:
- Make It Happen: 4 weeks online course with 38 members
- Thrive Again: 4 weeks online course with 21 members
- Created Make It Happen method a 9 weeks 1/1 process
- Created 2 eBooks:
- The 10 pillars model to create a fulfilling successful life
- How To Turn Challenges And Setbacks Into Courage, And Power? The 11 Rules – 11 Takeaways
- Wrote and sent 44 Newsletters
- Wrote 50+ emails (follow-ups & others)
- Built my mailing list from 9 to 287 with an open rate/engagement of 33% on average
- Created 2 workshops:
- Created 2 Masterclasses:
- My Best Consistent Self (From Make It Happen Course)
- Let’s get together (From Thrive Again Course)
- Opened my first Facebook group “Thrive Your Life” where my community is continuously growing 103+ members
- Set up my first website www.miramoufarrej.com
- Created a waitlist for my courses and workshops and dozens of forms
- Expanded my knowledge and learning in the digital world and content creation (editing, shooting…)
- Overcame my fears and mindset
- Got featured for the first time On “The Femme Tastique” podcast by Claudia Münster
- Reached organically 1.9M views on the “Ya Mustafa” cover on my YouTube channel & made a profit
- Went live on my YouTube, Facebook page, personal profile & Instagram
- Run different live sessions & been invited to interviews on my Instagram account
- Did 15+ discovery call
- Exposed my facet as a coach and a role model
- Learned how to create offers, promote, market, and launch!
- Re-launched Gayya Gayya and it’s having great audience retention
- Affiliated with SOMBA
- Got a mentor
- Got free healing sessions
- Got a scholarship
- Getting noticed and appreciated by people around me
- Last but not least: This is my first official blog!
What Came Out Of This Journey – A Sum Up
- I gave up on toxic relationships & on what’s not serving me anymore
- I started a new business
- I invested in my skills and potential
- I learned how to delegate work
- I started exposing my other facet with more confidence
- I discovered how growth junkie, how resilient and proactive I am
- I discovered how creative I can be & how much flow of thoughts I have (expressing, talking, sharing, and writing)
- I ended a huge cycle
- Learned to be compassionate and at ease with myself
- Be in a mastermind community
- Last but not least: This is my first official blog!
What I Learned This 2020
- Take command of your life!
- In moments of doubts, in moments where you feel off track… Go back to your why your vision and purpose that’s how you fuel your motivation
- Your own thoughts create your own reality
- Faith, patience, and determination are your best allies
- Don’t let your own expectations create resistance
- Never give up on your goals, find your turn around, keep on refining!
- Don’t ignore your emotions of anger, sadness… Live the process till the end and once you’re ready, accept it! Acceptance heals and creates openness.
- The secret of growth is investment
- Never stop working, moving forward, developing yourself! It’s the only way to get out of stagnation and get into expansion, success, and thrivingness!
- Don’t overthink your actions! You’ll never find answers if you don’t act! Act now
- If you don’t do the work nothing will work, so don’t wait for things to happen to you, go find your way out of that box you’re living in!
- The decision is yours, you either let your thoughts, circumstances, results… limit and control you, or you take that leap of faith and jump out of the train into the land of possibilities
My 2021 Forecast
The 1 thing 1
- Launch my 10 weeks online course “Make It Happen”
- Launch my group coaching experience
- Run monthly masterclasses and workshops
- Write a monthly blog
- Increase my sales and hit a 6 figure
- Have more visibility and online presence
- Start “Mira’s Tv” – YouTube broadcasting (live + weekly one main video)
- Write my first song
- Do voice trainings
- Start first gig with my band
- Be more conscious and present (Health. Work. Relationship)
- Build new habits that support my growth: Sleeping/waking up mode, eating healthier food…
- Do more inner/strength/mobility exercises and training → target calisthenics
- Challenge my stamina and start a running journey
- Read one book every month
- Start my e-store + launch my first product online: Journaling Notebook
- Consider moving abroad
- Connect/reach out & collaborate with others
- Move more
- Prioritize self-care
- Indulge in love & partnership
- Travel to Iceland & attend “Selfmade Summit”
- Travel to Switzerland & attend “Sigrun Live”
- Celebrate often
My Motto for 2021
My Mission & My Why
I always had the virtue of helping and supporting others.
Today, my aim to achieve becoming known as a significant role model artist, who sings, inspires, helps, and empowers others to believe in themselves, build their confidence and show up for their dreams, as no matter how difficult life is, they can Make It Happen!
How Can I Help You?
I combined all my expertise and experiences from singing, being in the spotlight, acting, mentoring, coaching and created the “Make It Happen” method where
“I help passionate entrepreneurs turn their fears into bold actions, build up a confident voice & become assertive so they can create visibility and thrive in their dream career and life”
My Wishes To You + One Tip
“Human potentials are limitless and to create the life you desire & aspire it’s all about taking the command of your life, finding your drive, your meaning, your why and keep on refining…”
How To Step Out Of Overthinking, Doubts & Fears?
My secret sauce is:
“Get into action & creation, be productive & proactive… Keep on moving forward that’s how you step into growth and expansion”
Have a year of blessings & becoming!